is the first novel by Denis Diderot, published anonymously in 1748. It is an allegory that portrays Louis XV as the sultan Mangogul of the Congo who owns a magic ring that makes women’s genitals (“jewels”) talk.
- Pornography is consumed in a Culture where Sex education is minimal, fear-based and often inaccurate; Pop culture promotes a confusing Virgin/Whore dichotomy that encourages sexual exploration while demonizing “Promiscuity”. -
„Lux Alptraum“ - New York Times - What Americans Get Wrong About Porn
We must stop treating Sex as a taboo topic, and start treating it as a natural and celebrated aspect of life. Young people should be educated about it in all of its complexity from the wonderful to the weird, the intimate to the insane, the prayerful to the powerful and beyond. When we create a healthy sexual culture then we’ll be able to appreciate porn for the wild, unrealistic fantasy that it was always intended to be.
RUNWAY MANIFESTO I
1. Visualization of the extreme power and madness of teenage fandom and turning boys into sexual playthings.
2. Reversing patriarchal society’s concept of female sexualisation and objectification.
3. A mash up of hardcore fetishwear, provocative slogans and nsfw visuals to create the true
4. A Celebration of the deviant and the freakish; reinterpreting the rebellious and sexual codes of punks and goths
5. Freeing yourself from the common rules of decency and letting your most inner fantasies run free.
6. Take down Trump.
This Manifesto is brought to you by the invincible all-girl Namilia cult
MY PUSSY MY CHOICE. I can be whatever, I can wear whatever and I can do whatever I want to. A celebration of the new girlhood which is about to change the way we understand and relate to gender clichés. Social media has empowered us to speak up and communicate our own beliefs and dreams. We used instagram to research how todays female pop icons as well as the new generation of celebrity activists portray themselves via social media and change our perception of what women “should” look like, behave and dress; girls like Miley Cyrus, Nicki Minaj, Kim Kardashian among many others. Each outfit of the collection represents an iconic and exaggerated portrayal of one of those female leaders of pop culture based on their own approach to femininity. Seeing clothing as an visual expression and extension of our bodies and minds we have collaborated with the Swiss company Luft&Laune to develop custom made inflatable elements which are incorporated into garments. They extend the physical dimension of the wearer and transform them into their larger than life girlhood icon. Seen as a radical move of rebellion, the use of phallus shapes throughout the collection ridicule and play down the ultimate symbol of power and masculinity in an iconic, youthful and provocative way.
RUNWAY MANIFESTO II
1. The NAMILIA Warrior Queens fight back against devaluation of powerful Women as sexual and dangerous.
2. The need for women to dress in a masculine way in order to be taken seriously ends now.
3. Post-Apocalyptic Rave and Techno Culture inspire this fresh take on sensual and youthful power-dressing.
4. A new uniform for the leading Goddesses of NamiliaWorld: references from Streetwear and Motocross CLASH with the Drama and Glamour of Haute Couture.
The collection - FEEL THE HEAT - celebrates feminine eroticism in its full glory and rebels against the common habit of dividing womeninto two categories of either their achievements in life or sexual appearance.
The collection consists of 6 gangs entitled Orgasm Clinic, Come & Play, Wet & Wild, Nude & Rude, Hush Hush and Feel the Heat where each one ironically references a hypersexualized stereotype of women in pop culture.
By clashing the second skin character of extremely functional sportswear elements referencing olympic swimgear with sensual eveningwear elements like long trains, transparent materials and kitsch embroideries the collection fuses two completely opposite notions of nudity.
A rebellious new team of powerful Namilia girls proclaiming a contemporary form of youthful feminism; an absolute freedom to celebrate femininity, eroticism and sensuality in all forms.